Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The past few days have been most trying, shuttling about between work, RJ and home. My composition work with RJ S24 was made more exhausting having to deal with indecisive and uncoordinated people. I finally completed my share of work yesterday and will be awaiting their comments or requests for amendments (if they are ever going to contact me). I'm glad to have been given the chance to discover the wonders of using the synthesizer keyboard, on which I was very reliant.

Well, though celebrating the 444th anniversary of Shakespeare is not exactly very auspicious, come down and support the production if you can! It's on 23rd/24th April, 7pm @ RJC Performing Arts Centre (PAC). Tickets are priced at $8! Please contact Ju Ju at 9155-3202 for further enquiries.



At the same time, I met Mr Rollason during one of my visits to RJ and he enlisted my help to look for politically inspired music from 1945-2000. In my research, I came across a wonderful expanse of songs and instrumental pieces, the most fascinating of which was Nena's "99 Luftballons". This anti-Cold War song written in 1982 narrates how the accidental release of 99 balloons started a nuclear war.

And, boy, was I not jealous when Samantha disclosed the news to me today. Apparently, Philip Glass is visiting UMich on 18th April, with the Dalai Lama, as a guest speaker on Buddhism and Art! I'm not such a big fan of the religious part, but I sure am a fan of the composer! My! How I wish I could just courier my "Einstein on the Beach" over to get it autographed!

No comments: